There’s a 33% chance that you reading this (yes, you!) are in a blended family. Whether you call yourself a step-parent, child, grandparent, or sibling, we’re sure you’ve spent a lot of time thinking about how you can provide the best future for your family.
And, as the idea of the “traditional family” changes into something more diverse and variable, you need to have more intentional and clarifying conversations – especially when it comes to your estate plan!
Every couple and family we meet has unique priorities and circumstances. Alles Law is here to help you plan for your needs now and into the future. We will walk through what legal tools will fit right into your family’s goals and values.
Here are some blended family considerations to think through:
- If your spouse dies, will your inheritance go directly to their children, or to you as the surviving spouse?
- How will your minor children be cared for if you can’t look after them?
- Who will act as your power of attorney?
- What assets and property do you want protected for either your spouse or your children?
- How will you set beneficiary designations for life insurance or investment accounts?
- Did you update beneficiary designations after your divorce?
Together, we’ll discuss how you can plan for and protect your expansive family. Alles Law’s tailored method provides the assurance that your estate plan is personalized to reflect your situation.
Start the conversation today. Schedule a free consultation to discuss what you need for your blended family.